Friday, October 11, 2013
Today, you and your task team will work together to create a Google presentation using your Techbook resources.
Your presentation must answer the essential questions:
1. Where is most of Earth's water, and what kind of water is it?
2. What percentage of the Earth's surface is covered by oceans?
3. What important resources do we get from the oceans?
4. Why is conservation of ocean resources and protection of the ocean so important?
Here are some helpful resources:
Log into the Techbook and then choose Earth's Resources. Next, choose Ocean Resources.
Here are the directions for the assignment:
1. Have ONE person on your team create a Google Presentation.
2. Name it: Task Team ___ Ocean Resources.
3. Share the Presentation with each person on the team.
4. Assign an essential question to each person on the team.
5. Each person then creates a slide or two to explain the answer to their essential question.
Each slide must have:
1. An image
2. At least one link to the interactive science glossary to help define difficult vocabulary
3. An answer (or part of the answer if you have more than one slide) to the assigned essential question.
Your presentation must include ALL of the following vocabulary terms with links to the interactive glossary:
estuary, fish, ocean, carbon dioxide, pollute, coral reef, marine, plankton, water, water cycle
Push your thinking, Dragons!
~ Mr. Moore, Ms. Vander Velde, and Ms. Chavez