Ladies and Gentlemen,
One of our literacy rotations will include prompt writing. Here are the directions.
1. Create a folder inside your writing folder. Name it: Prompt Writing. Inside that folder, create a Google Document. Title it: Prompt Writing.
2. Copy and paste the prompt you choose from this post into the document that is now filed in your new Prompt Writing folder. Make sure to include the date in the heading of your document.
3. Write at least one big, fat, juicy paragraph sharing your thinking. Make sure to use the charts that are posted in classrooms as well as the word, "because."
4. If you would like, on your own time, you may publish the work to your blog. Use the label: "Prompt Writing."
Here are the choices for the first round of prompt writing:
1. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
2. What is the hardest thing about growing up?
Copy and paste one of them into your document, add the date, and get to work! The teachers will be checking your work and adding comments, so make sure to push your thinking, Dragons!
~ Mr. Moore, Ms Vander Velde, and Ms. Chavez