Once again, our literacy rotations will include prompt writing. Here are the directions.
1. Inside your Prompt Writing folder, create a new Google Document. Title it: Prompt Writing 2.
2. Copy and paste the prompt you choose from this post into the document that is now filed in your Prompt Writing folder.
3. Write at least one big, fat, juicy paragraph sharing your thinking. Make sure to use the charts that are posted in classrooms as well as the word, "because."
4. Make sure that your piece of writing has a lead, a topic sentence, and at least three solid ideas that you support in your piece of writing. It needs to be well organized, and it needs to show the world what you can do as a writer. Use the comments feature to identify your lead, your topic sentence, and each of your three main ideas. This means that you should write a minimum of five comments on your writing.
Here are the choices for the first round of prompt writing:
1. If you could design the perfect school, what would be the three most important things about your school?
2. Choose your favorite thing from any category you choose (favorite cartoon character, favorite food, favorite book, etc.) and write a recommendation for your choice. Make sure to include the three seperate ideas to support your choice.
Copy and paste one of them into your document, add the date, and get to work! The teachers will be checking your work and adding comments, so make sure to push your thinking, Dragons!
~ Mr. Moore, Ms Vander Velde, and Ms. Chavez